Followers

Friday 1 June 2012

Make it for a Man at The Stampman

Evening Everyone.
I hope that you are all now ready for your long weekend.
Somehow I have managed to get into major creative mode now that I know I haven't got to get up at 5am. It's a shame that I didn't feel the same during last week as I am now so far behind with everything. Still never mind I don't like the sunshine anyway so if it rains it will be a good excuse to be indoors crafting, not that I need an excuse you understand.
Anyway today saw the start of the latest challenge over at The Stampman, and we are looking for you to 'Make it for a Man'
I wasn't sure quite where to start with this challenge since like a lot of people I find cards for men much harder to make, so I decided that the best place to start was my 'Bits Box' to see if anything inspired me.
I do love leaf stamps and I think they are always good for masculine cards so when I came across a piece of background made using Moonshadow ink - Smoky Sapphire and Van Dyke Sepia and some cling film, I decided that that was a good place to start with the addition of a few leaves.
I stamped leaves from Stampendous SSC023 - Summer Leaves randomly over a square of the premade background and embossed them with Stampendous Aged Silver embossing enamel.
I added some extra leaves stamped with Walnut Stain distress ink and black versafine before mounting the panel onto a square white card.
Of course before I attached it to the card I wrapped some Bakers Twine around the panel and added a greeting from Woodware FRCL171 - All Through the Year.
This was cut out using a Nestie and I also added some stamped leaves using Walnut Stain ink. The white card had also had leaves stamped over it and a fine black stiched line drawn onto it.
I hope that you will join us this time, and of course don't forget to check out what my lovely Teamies have made.
Happy Crafting
Hugs Kimx


3 comments:

  1. Love the effects you have created here Kim. Real moody and manly. Reminds me of the final days of autumn (not ready for that yet!!). Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came together perfectly Kim, a great male card using fabulous techniques and stamps.
    Happy Jubilee weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the amazing metallic embossing on this, Kim! And the baker's twine is fabulous!!! :) Perfect father's day card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx