Followers

Thursday 21 June 2012

Remembering Dad's Roses

Evening Everyone
Well, so much for basking in the summer sunshine on Tuesday and Wednesday, today it looks like normal service has been resumed and we are very definitely back to what has become the norm this year - grey skies and torrential rain.
So to cheer up a grey day these are some pictures of a rose from my very small garden.
It was actually planted by my Dad who would always keep it pruned for me.
It has not fared well since his death, becoming very leggy with almost no flowers, or even foliage for that matter. I'm not very green fingered as you can probably tell lol.
So a couple of years ago we transferred it into a large pot and pruned it brutally.
The results as you can see are some lovely flowers on it this year. I'm sure that Dad would be suitably impressed.
I can't believe that today is the longest day of the year. Its all downhill from now then, it will soon be Christmas lol.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Such gorgeous blooms! Isn't it wonderful how even after loved ones pass on, we can still remember them in God's creations? {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx