Followers

Saturday 14 April 2012

Happy 21st Birthday at the Woodware challenge

Evening Everyone,
Another late post for the Woodware challenge this week.
I really do miss having to get my card ready to post on the Sunday like I did as Guest Designer.
I hope you feel that this one is worth waiting for lol.
The challenge this week has been to make a card to celebrate a 21st birthday.
I confess that I wasn't really sure what to do, it's difficult when you don't have a specific person in mind.
I chose to use the fabulous FRS214 Huge Happy Birthday. I have stamped it onto two different background papers from my stash so that I could do a bit of paper piecing. This stamp works brilliantly for this technique.
I am still trying very hard to use up left over bits and pieces, so the background is very similar to another card which I will be able to share with you in a couple of days.
I have used the Crafty Edger and Star Party cassette along the bottom edge. Then I have stamped and embossed 'cheers' from the Wine Buff clear stamp set all over the background.
Next I used the leaves from Artemio clear set Floral Borders to stamp over the entire thing using versamark ink.
I had already stamped and embossed the Happy Birthday onto the panel before doing any further stamping so  I cut out the letters from the images stamped on to background papers and attached them to the main card using silicon.
I didn't have any Woodware Chippies but I found these numbers in my stash, I think that they came with a magazine. I covered them in Frantage Aged Silver embossing enamel and then stamped the leaf stamp into the molten powder which adds texture.
The glass of wine is also from the Wine Buff clear set and I have added some glossy accents to it after I coloured in the wine.
Off to bed now.
hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Super card kim, great work as always and love the use of the chippies.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining in, I love the card, I think that you are great at all of the little details, the glass is inspirational

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx