Followers

Monday 30 April 2012

One for the Boys challenge at Crafty Cardmakers

Afternoon Everyone,
Today sees the start of a new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers.
Our host this time is Sally and she would like a male themed project.
This could be for a big boy, a little boy or a baby boy, so long as it's male themed.
We are sponsored for this challenge by ONE STOP CARD CRAFTS who are offering a £10 voucher for their store as a prize, and DIGI DOODLE SHOP with a $10 Gift Certificate for the Store. 
My card has been made for one of the 'Boys' at work who is leaving us this week to join his wife in Canada to start a new life.
I hope that he will be following his dreams so the sentiment seemed highly appropriate.
I have followed the sketch over at Sketch Saturday using background papers from my stash.
I added some embossed leaves using a Clarity stamp and Frantage Aged Silver Embossing enamel. I also some Card Candy.
The image has been cut out using a Grand Nestie.
The stamp 'Lazy Afternoon' is from Lili of the Valley and I have coloured it using Aquamarkers and a waterbrush.
I hope that this is how Murali will spend at least some of his time once he reaches his destination.
Don't forget to check out what the rest of the team have come up with over at Crafty Cardmakers.
Happy Crafting
Hugs Kimx

12 comments:

  1. Love everything about this card Kim. You have such an eye for detail.
    Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that a lovely image? I really like the unusual shape of Nestie you used - but best of all is all the lovely scrunchy embossed leaves!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's such a cutie!! I love the shape you've used to cut the image out! Really effective!! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim - Krista Smith now just does digis, but she designed the 'Simply Sassy' line for Sugar Nellie.

    Thanks for your kind remarks on my blog!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to agree with Mags B, what a lovely image. Great choice and arrangement of the backing papers. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Kim! Absolutely adorable card! LOVE your image--so sweet, and your coloring is amazing! The embossing folder I used for my "faux cross stitch" is by Stampin' Up! and it's called Lattice. I used the "wrong" side to emboss the card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, love the image and the design.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab card Kim & a super image. Lovely papers & a perfect sentiment. Thanx for popping by my blog & leaving a comment. I've now edited my post to include my card, what a twit!
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim this is just adorable, I'm sure he'll love it!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amzing beauty! Your cards are always so lovely it's wonderfully inspiring to come here! Thanks!
    Membership Cards
    Plastic VIP Cards
    scratch cards

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous, Kim! I love everything about it - such gorgeous colours, and that touch of embossing in the background is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, and I love what you've done with the bg. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx