Followers

Sunday 11 July 2010

Floral Bleach

Morning.
Well I made it through another boiling hot day! How about yourselves did you manage to get anything creative done? I do find it hard in this heat.



On Wednesday I'm teaching another class using bleach. I really do think that it has to be one of my favourite techniques.




After their last class (cards to fill the stationary wallet) where they felt like they were on a production line, they have all asked if we can make one specific card.
The one that they have chosen to make is one I have already shared with you guys so it gave me a wonderful excuse to make a couple more samples using the same idea - like I needed an excuse right!!!

I do find it difficult to just make one card for a class, especially as what I usually teach is a technique which you need to play with. I also feel that it narrows down the stamps that they get to play with, but then I suppose on the other hand it does show just how many different things that you can do with just one stamp.

As you may have gathered they will be making an Easel card, once they have created their stamped, embossed and sponged panel. The bleach has been used to remove some of the colour from the image, my trusty Hobby Art  stamp from the 'Jean's Floral Collection'. This technique will only work when a dye based ink has been used, so on this occasion it will be Kaleidacolour ink pads that we will be playing with.

The Nestabilities and border punches work brilliantly with this sort of card and I have also made my own card candy out of left over pieces of card stock and background paper, so they match the card exactly.
I told you I have been trying to use up bits and pieces from my demo boxes, which is why all of these have a very similar base colour for the card.
It still hasn't got too hot here so I am going to get on while I have the chance. We might BBQ later today - so that will probably be the kiss of death to the sunshine lol.
Have a great day, Happy Crafting.
Thanks for stopping by.
Love and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx