Followers

Monday 19 July 2010

Pirate Ciaran and the Black Pearl

Hi All
I finally finished Ciaran's card at 1.15am this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As you can imagine it has been me that has been in need of the Redbull today lol. Still I think it was worth it.
As I told you before apart from knowing that I was going to use a Tilda Pirate stamp to make the card, I had no other clue as to what I was going to do.
When I was discussing what I could do to the card to make it a little bit special - maybe some black flowers - I got a very firm message from  Jenni, his Mum - no flowers and no glitter!!!. Do you think pearls will count ??
Trouble is I had absolutely no trouble making Saskia's card, nice and girly, pink with lots of flowers and even some seed beads sown into her tiara.
So you can see my dilemma. I don't want Ciaran's card to look bland in comparison, as if I haven't taken the same amount of trouble with it. Oh how difficult it is to treat everyone the same lol.
Anyway, when the kids food was brought to the table at the party it arrived in those cardboard boxes favoured by kids meal purveyors every where, and guess what was on the outside of the box - PIRATES!
How perfect was that lol. I carefully rescued one of the boxes from a child before it got totally soaked in tomato ketchup, you know what kids are like with chips! and from there the card just grew and grew.
Isn't it funny how you can go from really struggling to get an idea to it suddenly all coming together with out any trouble at all.
I've used my nesties to cut out various sections of the lunch box and then I have used Pirate Edwin and Barrel, Anchor and Skull stamps both available from Sir Stampalot.
The background papers are Magnolia ones from my stash.
Of course pirates have treasure, especially pearls, so that was the perfect excuse to add some bling. Sorry Jenni, I tried, but I'm sure that Captain Jack would approve lol.
As you can see it is another Easel card which I would like to enter into the challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers.
I made it through work, just about but then I just had to have a granny nap. Trouble is when I woke up the house was like the Marie Celeste!!! Everyone had gone out and hadn't wanted to disturb me. My granny nap had turned into several hours!!!! Oh well I must have needed it.
I really had better get a slightly earlier night tonight all though I'm not doing too well with that one am I!!
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Crafting
Love and hugs
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim

    This is all a little bit different but gorgeous. Why can't I get into Tilda I wonder because I always admire what everyone does with them ?

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten out of ten for your clever recycling idea. Now if you had left the ketchup on he could have had a card good enough to eat.

    The card is adorable, or should that be, really, really boyish, lol

    Thanks for joining us in our first ever Spotlight at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Lin x

    PS Giggling here, I am busy posting this comment and your stalker has her picture beside the comment box on her blog thumbnail. SPOOKY!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx