Followers

Saturday 10 July 2010

Tidy.........................for a moment!

Morning All
I thought that I would blog early today before it got too hot, I hear we are in for a scorcher.
I also thought that I would show you that I do sometime tidy my desk.
 It usually happens when I have finished one set of cards, or classes, but then it doesn't take long for it to get back to normal lol.
The reason for all this latest organised chaos is a card for Ethan, my Grandson's best friend.
I am trying to be really good and use bits from my box, or should that be boxes :), that need finishing. So this Magnolia bird fitted the bill perfectly so to speak. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!
It's amazing what you find when you start rummaging. The Magenta panel that the bird is sitting on was in the box as well.
I wrapped some wire around a wooden skewer to make a branch, and added punched leaves and some tiny flowers - not hand made this time.
I did have to get some new stamping in there so I used another of my Magnolia stamps on the background paper. They have been coloured with a mixture of distress inks and Silkies.
Hope you like it.
I'm off for a very cool shower now before I get on with some more cards. Well I did say the table only stays tidy for a very short while didn't I he he.
Have a great day.
Happy Stamping.
Love and hugs
Kimx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kim, love the blues you've used. Looks very tropical. Thanks for your lovely comment, the stamp I used is from Lili of the valley. They do have some gorgeous stamps.
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fleur, I will have to look out for them. Thanks for stopping by.
    Love Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this card Kim. And those punched leaves!! Who makes that punch? I hope Ethan appreciates it - lucky lad. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gilly, I think the punch is by Woodware I've had it for ages and it fitted perfectly with everything on this card.
    Glad you liked it.
    Love and hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx