Followers

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Calming Waters

Evening Everyone.
No post yesterday I'm afraid since I had to be coaxed gently from off the ceiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How stupid of me to even suggest that installing a Sky+ box would be easy. What ever was I thinking, nothing is ever simple in this house, especially if it involves technology lol.
I got absolutely nothing done either crafting, or anything else as I spent absolutely ages with an extremely unhelpful sky telephone operator. I'm afraid to say that eventually I put the phone down on her - good job we weren't in the same room!!
It was at this point that my family had to haul me down off the ceiling. Do these people go out of their way to be unhelpful and rude? And of course no one has made a note on the computer of the things that have been promised to us ' as long standing customers'. So here we are back at square one, still climbing into bed through a six inch gap until Friday, and I DO have to unload those 3 units -  arghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway I've now had the day to calm down so I managed to get on with some therapeutic crafting.
As I mentioned I am teaching tomorrow evening at Davina's in Purley. Cards made with Scene it clear stamp sets.
Scene its are not usually my thing, and I have to admit that I had to get some help from my good friend  (Thank you Anna xx) But once her inspiration got me started I was fine, just as she told me I would be.
Isn't that often the way. That is where I find challenges are so useful, even if you forget to link your entry to them :)
It doesn't need to be anything more than a colour choice sometimes, but it gives me a starting point if I don't know what to do.
Anyway, enough with the novella. This card was made using the Hobby Art Scene It Coastal set CS018D, and also Scene It Foliage SC1923MD.
I made a pale watercolour background and then stamped onto it using several of the stamps from the set. The foliage has been used to tie everything together, and to give a feeling of depth to the picture.
The card was actually made for Jenny at Hobby Art to use in the gallery of her new DVD. I will share the cards that I made for the class another day.
Of course if you want to see a real Scene It expert at work don't forget to tune in to Create and Craft (Sky 671, Freeview Channel 36 and Freesat 813.) on 30th July at 10am and watch Jenny Mayes at work.
I'd better get to bed now. Its been so hot the last couple of nights that I haven't slept much, and it will be a late night tomorrow with the teaching.
Nite nite
Love Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx