Followers

Sunday 4 July 2010

Can I join in please?

Afternoon Everyone.
Another really hot day, although at least we have got a bit of a breeze here.
Well I thought that as I am a special guest on the Crafty Cardmakers blog (http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com/) then maybe it was about time that I entered one of the challenges.
Craftycardmakers Challenge
This post will probably take me half the afternoon to organise but here goes.
The challenge is 'Inky Fingers' and I think this fits the bill given that my finger tips were orange by the time I had finished.
I realized afterwards that I should have got the kids to take a picture of my fingers for you to see how NOT clean I am after a crafting session lol.
July the 5th seems to be a very popular day for birthdays among my acquaintances as I have had 3 cards to make this weekend. One is for Mike, my good friend Gill's husband. Another for Mandie, a customer at the garage who also comes to classes. And finally Kovi, one of the guys that I work with.
The card I am sharing on the challenge is made for Mandie. I know from classes that orange and brown are her favourite colours, so I hope that she likes this. I hope she also appreciates all the handmade flowers on it, I really did get a bit carried away, but I think they all fit together a treat.The main stamped image is Penny Black 3939K Queen Anne's Lace and is available from Sirstampalot. http://www.sirstampalot.co.uk/
I have used my favourite distress inks to create the stamped panel which has also got a Penny Black greeting in the corner. This comes from a wonderful clear stamp set called Salutations 30-014 also available from Sir Stampalot. It is very useful as it contains a variety of greetings as well as the little dragonflies that also appear on the stamped panel.
The background papers are from stash and have been edged with distress inks using a small piece of cut and dry foam. Of course a Cuttlebug folder and Nestabilities Scalloped square just had to find their way into the card.
 The flowers have been punched from background papers which have then been edged with distress inks. The punches are Martha Stewart and Nelly Snellan.
As this card has been made using at least one Penny Black stamp, I thought that I would get brave and enter it into the Penny Black and Allsorts challenge as well. It seems to fit the bill of 'A burst of summer colour'
I've also noticed the Sirstampalot challenge is 'Lazy  Hazy Summer Days' so lets go for the hat trick shall we.
Now if I can just work out how to link the post to the challenges we will be fine lol.
Happy Crafting, this may take a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love and hugs
Kimx

11 comments:

  1. Hi Kim

    Hope you are well. I've lost your e.mail, seems to have dissapeared from my list, can you drop me one please.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim

    A great card and of course one of my favoutire PB stamps. The colours give it a real feel of summer zing.

    Thank you for joining in our first Penny Black at Allsorts Challenge this month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim, love the card. The colour combo is nice and summery. Was at Newbury today and I'm sure I spotted some of your examples using Hobby Art stamps. Bought some more of the sketched floral ones. Hugs, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pauline you would be right about the Hobby Art stamped cards. Jenny has quite a few of mine. Glad you liked this one, I really had a ball making it.
    Love and hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim, What a gorgeous card. A very striking colour scheme and I love the fact that the top and bottom of the easel are completely different colours. What did you use for the white bits (wrong word can't think of a better one) behind those glorious hand made flowers in the bottom left hand corner?

    As no one else has yet popped over let me welcome you to the CCM Challenge, we are delighted to have you. I'm surprised your stalker hasn't already popped over!

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lin
    The white bits are actually stamen used in making flowers. I believe you can buy them in some garden centres and cake making shops.
    Thanks for popping over, I look forward to a visit from my stalker now I have been brave and entered a challenge.
    It may be my fault that she got into stamping, but she is responsible for me entering a challenge and facebook so I guess now we are even lol.
    Love Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fear not, your stalker is here mwhahaha!

    Wayhey Kim taking the challenge plunge! Love the image and flower arrangement, gorgeous creation x

    Thank you for playing at crafty cardmakers and hope to see you jumping in many more challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, thank you so much for being our special guest. It is an honour to have such an uber talented crafter such as yourself grace our blog. The first craft book I ever bought was by you and you are a craft hero to me too.

    I love the card you have made, you manage to make such classic cards with a lot of detail, but it never looks too much. I wish I could manage to make such well balanced cards.

    Thanks for joining us in our latest challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, a 'watercolour' stamp that I haven't got. Me thinks a visit to Sir Stampalot is in order, lol. A really beautiful card.
    Jack (Crafty Cardmakers)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has been my pleasure to join you all at Crafty Cardmakers.
    I have been humbled by all the wonderful comments that people have left me.
    I hope to join you all in another challenge soon.
    Love Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx