Followers

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Something Old, Something New...........

Afternoon Everyone
Well it had to happen didn't it, with all the Birth Congrats cards that I have had to make lately, I now have a couple of Wedding cards to share.
Perhaps it's the wrong order of things, but hey lol.
This first card is made for the challenge over at OCC Weekly Sketch.
The sentiment is an old Anita's stamp that I last used some years ago for a magazine article.
I have stamped and embossed in gold on some pale gold card stock. I have then cut it out using a Nestie.
I've added some stitching and pearls. This has been mounted onto a cream panel that has been put through the Cuttlebug.
The gold punched panel is from my stash as are the ribbon and flowers.
The second card has been made for one of the Guys at work who is getting married tomorrow in Paris. Everyone at work was invited, but unfortunately I don't think BP or M & S would take too kindly to us shutting up shop for the day to attend a traditional Sri Lankan wedding, mores the pity. I would love to have been able to attend, but it was just not possible.
I hope he will have plenty of photos to show us when he gets back to work in a couple of weeks.
This card has been made using another very old stamp, this time its a Penny Black one which I bought when I first got into stamping.
I have again stamped and embossed it in gold and then I painted it with several colours of Pearlex. I chose Interference colours which show up at their best as the card catches the light.
The panel has been layered on to a piece of gold card cut out with a Nestie. I added some stitching and pearls.
I hope you like them.
Thanks for stopping by.
Love and hugs
Kimx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful wedding cards.
    I do have a question regarding storage of wooden stamps. I saw on a Storage blog that you store them in clear popper-pockets but someone has said to me that if you stack them it will ruin the stamps. I've got mine in stacks 4 or 5 high. Am I going to ruin them?
    Jack (Crafty Cardmakers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kim love em! Really like the panel, pity that's not a punch as I would be straight off buying that, its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jack
    I do sometimes find that stacking the stamps does squash the sponge in between the rubber and the wood. This will often 'spring' back. If not I can always remount them or turn it into unmounted. At the end of the day I have no choice but to stack due to the amount of storage space I have available to me. Don't even suggest I get rid of some to save space lol. Hope this helps. Love and hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kim. I think I shall stick to the pockets. After all I've not got them stacked very high and it does make them much easier to see (and so I will probably use them more!).
    As if I'd suggest you get rid of some!! All I am offering is to look after some of them for you, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to be of some help Jack.
    Happy Stamping
    Love Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx