Followers

Sunday 18 September 2016

Spiders Web and Florals

Afternoon Everyone
How quickly the weather has gone from Summer to Autumn.
Of course there is still plenty of time for an Indian Summer, but for now I will just be grateful that the nights are cooler and I am able to sleep.
As usual I got rather carried away when prepping for this weeks theme over at WoodwareWitterings, 'Time of Mellow Fruitfulness'.
I never know what I am going to make so sometimes I end up with extra bits and pieces whilst I play.
That was just the case here where I dry embossed a couple of sheets of card with the fabulous Spiders Web mask from Dutch Doobadoo.
I coloured the panel using dye based inks and then added some die cut Silhouette Florals in black with a little Gilding Wax brushed onto them.
I used the spider and web from a fabulous stamp set that I bought from Card-io when I was at a show in Doncaster in July.
Of course if I had waited till today I could have used the Tim Holtz 661588 Mixed Media Halloween thinlets die that I bought at Ally Pally yesterday.
While I was finishing things off I created this card using a panel created by dry embossing a Dreamweaver Spiders Web stencil and adding sponged dye based ink and Gilding Wax.
Again I added die cut florals, this time in black and white.
I had a fabulous time at Ally Pally on Saturday. I haven't been to a show there in years so it was lovely to catch up with friends old and new.
I spent far too much, but then isn't that what I go to work for lol.
Better get a few more bits finished off, it will be back to work all too soon.
Have a great day, what ever you are doing.
Crafty hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Loving the cards Kim. Lucky you! bet you had a good time yesterday. Happy crafty week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx