Followers

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Babies are such a nice way to start people.

Hi All
I had a wonderful weekend with my littlest Granddaughter, and her Mum and Dad of course, so I thought that it was about time I got around to sharing the card that I made for them to celebrate her birth at the end of July.
I can't believe where the weeks have flown to. Emma is now 7 weeks old!!!!!!
The background to my card has been made using one of my all time favourite bits of crafty equipment. The Magic Stamp available from Woodware is a fabulous remouldable block which has been heated and then pressed against Emma's hand and foot to create a custom stamp.
I have one of these for each of the Grandchildren, made when they were only a few days old. Megan's is now 15 years old, so they last a lifetime.
I have used it to stamp all over the background card using pink dye based ink. I then ran the panel through my E-bosser inside a dotty embossing folder.
The main image is from LOTV, and for once I actually coloured it in myself rather than using a topper.
I die cut some letters and the date and then added some other tiny sentiments.
'Babies are such a nice way to start people' is from a LOTV clear stamp set which I added to a die cut tag.
I also added some tiny metal embellishments and a button.
I was thrilled to see that this now takes pride of place on the mantelpiece inside a nice frame.
Emma isn't really a hatty sort of a baby, although we did play dress up while I was up there at the weekend, trying on some of her many outfits to see which ones would fit her. I will have to get Becki to send me a couple of pictures so that I can share them with you as there were one or two hats amongst them if I recall correctly.
Better get to bed now as it is back to work tomorrow.
Bye for now, and thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea with the magic blocks, creating lasting memories. Adorable card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Kim love the detail.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx