Followers

Tuesday 19 March 2013

A little bit of Bargello

Evening All,
Hope that you have had a good day and that it has not been too cold in your neck of the woods.
We have had to scrape ice off the windscreen both this morning and this evening, but at least there is no snow...........yet.
I had a lovely class this evening here at SirStampalot where I taught the girls the Bargello Technique as learnt from Technique Time Tuesday.
Thanks Mynnette it's a fabulous technique :O)
 I chose papers from the store,
 and added a stamped and embossed image,
 a sentiment,
and some torn vellum.
It is still amazing to see how everyone ends up with such different work given that they all used the same box of coloured paper strips.
This technique is a fantastic way of using up some of those strips of paper that are just too nice to throw away, but are too small to make a card out of.
Admit it girls you have a box full of bits just like that at home don't you??
I also showed them how to create the faux stitching around the edge of the panel.
Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, and there was much retail therapy at the end of class as well as chocolate Swiss roll during it. Thank you for the cake Anne, it was much appreciated.
Off to bed now, another day of crafting awaits tomorrow.
Hugs Kimx

3 comments:

  1. LOVE! I always am so pleased to see when the techniques at TTT are being used still! Isn't that the point?! Gorgeous, Kim! :) HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, this really caught my eye. Must have a go at this technique. I have got loads of scraps.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wauuuuw, lovely card,stunning, i love it. I follow you, nice you follow my.
    greeting Bennarda (Ballie)

    http://balliescreationballie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx