Followers

Thursday 29 December 2011

A Special Birthday Boy and another awesome cake

Evening Everyone
In all the hive of activity involved in the preparations for Christmas and the New Year a very special young man's birthday always seems to get missed out of my blog posts.
On the 16th December my Grandson Reece was 9.
The card I made for him used another of my favourite Lily of the Valley die cuts. They really are so useful when time is of the essence :)
I cut him out and mounted him over some background papers from my stash.
The clock has been cut using the Tim Holtz die that I bought when I was at Sir Stampalot in November. I can see that it will get plenty of use in the future.
I ran the blue background paper through the cuttlebug using an embosssing folder.
The greeting is from a clear stamp set, sorry can't remember which one, and the brads are from my stash.
Reece's Dad certainly didn't allow his birthday to go by unnoticed. Jason worked really hard to create another of his fabulous cakes, this time in the shape of the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars complete with flashing lights and sound effects.
It was very hard to get any decent pictures of it, so these really don't do it justice, but I will get shot if I don't share it with you all.
It even sat on a pedestal which sparkled with edible glitter.
And he cut the base board to fit exactly.
A couple of Lego figures where borrowed to sit on the top.
Reece was thrilled to bits with it as you can well imagine.
Father Christmas brought Jason the food mixer that he asked for so he is already planning his next creation. So much for the diet lol.
Happy Crafting
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx