Followers

Saturday 10 December 2011

A couple of Cuties - Part 2

Evening Everyone.
Here I am, back as promised, with another cute card.
It was made for Jason's niece on the birth of her second son a few weeks ago.
I have used a Tilda stamp Alvin Sitting which is definitely a favourite of mine when it comes to a new baby card for a little boy.
Once again I have used the 'Outside the Box with a Nestie' technique (see previous post for a link) and coloured him with distress inks.
The word background is from a clear stamp set (I think it is by Hero Arts) that I have stamped twice onto some background paper from my stash.
I have added a punched strip, some gingham ribbon, a few gems and 3 tiny buttons. I also spritzed the card with Glimmer Mist although it is hard to see in the picture.
The main background panel is also cut from background paper using one of my grand nesties and I have added some stitching with a fine black pen. The embellishments in the corners are actually buttons. I cut away the backs and attached them using silicon. 
We had a lovely class at Davina's where the ladies made some beautiful Easel cards.
We have decided that at least for the winter both classes each month will move to Saturday. It will be so nice not to have to go out on a Wednesday evening. As much as I enjoy teaching it is no fun going out at night when you have to scrap the ice off the car.
Off to bed now, it will be non stop card writing tomorrow.
Nite, nite
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx