Followers

Saturday 24 December 2011

A Christmas card and the Woodware Challenge - Richness of Red

Afternoon All
This week the challenge over at Woodware has been Richness of Red, and of course I had to enter it even if it has meant making one last Christmas card.
Still now at least I can say I have started my cards for next year. Eat your heart out Mrs Till lol.
I have used a Woodware Single Festive Background JGS260, which I have stamped using a Crimson Red versafine inkpad and embossed with clear embossing powder. Some of the greetings have been painted using a red Sakura Stardust pen, a technique that I have picked up from Francoise
I then stamped and embossed the image onto red card stock using black versafine and painted Peace with thin bleach. The oval has been punched using a giant Woodware punch. I then tapped the red inkpad around the edge of the oval and embossed it with clear powder to make it stand out.
Placing the oval directly over the same image is a technique called 'Spotlighting' and is a great way of covering up a mistake or a bit of bad stamping. That actually wasn't the problem here, honest :)
I have added a fine stitched border to the main panel, a few gems, and a little Ruby red metallic rub-on to the edges.
The border has been created using the Woodware Antique Floral Crafty Edger. I added some of the Ruby Red metallic rub-on to this to make it stand out from the main card.
The house is very empty at the moment as the family are all out for the evening so I am going to make the most of the peace and quiet and craft with the TV turned up very loud.
Have a wonderful day.
With love and hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. I love this card, love the border that is red on red and the punched piece on top as an exact match!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx