Followers

Monday 5 December 2011

Woodware week 28 challenge - A sketch for December

    
Evening Everyone
The card I am sharing with you tonight has been made to enter into the challenge over at Woodware.
I have used a couple of my favourite Artemio stamp sets Hedgerow Plants and Floral Collage.
The main image has been stamped and embossed using my trusty Creole Spice Kaleidacolour ink pad. I then coloured the image using ink from the same ink pad.
Since dye based ink dries very quickly some of the image has not taken the embossing powder and so when a very wet paint brush is dragged across the entire image some of the colour will bleed giving a lovely soft background. I did this first and then coloured in more specific areas of the image.
The blue card in the background has been stamped first with bleach and then a Pearlescent Sky Blue Brilliance ink pad, and finally versamark ink.
This has then been mounted onto a green card with a hand drawn stitched border added top and bottom.
A narrow strip of purple card has been added to the card before the embossed panel is attached.
Finally I added a strip of vellum attached with brads and a greeting from another Woodware clear set All through the Year FRCL171.
I hope that you will enter the challenge HERE and that you will also check out the DT samples that are posted every day.
Off  to bed now. My couple of days holiday are now at an end, it's back to the real world tomorrow and a 6am start!!
Hugs
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Wow Kim!! I love what you have done with the main image. The colours are stunning. I see what you mean - with the vellum strip!! I love your style.
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, I love the background, and the stitching, and the stamping, and bleeding the dye ink after embossing, you are so clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx