Followers

Wednesday 15 June 2011

There are always flowers................and shaving foam!!

Evening Everyone
I had another lovely evening class over at Lavender Lane last night. We had a good time and got quite messy making backgrounds with inks and shaving foam. 
Some of the backgrounds were really quite busy and I felt that images might get a little lost on them so I tried out a bit of embossed resist with a twist.
The main panel is created using the inks and shaving foam and then I have stamped several solid floral images (Hero Arts and Hobby Art) over it using versamark ink and clear embossing powder.
Once these stamped flowers have been heated I have then covered the entire thing with a coating of black versafine ink. This is then coated with clear embossing powder, heated and voila!!
I felt that this sentiment from the Hobby Art Scene It Sentiments set couldn't have fitted more perfectly.
Hope you like it.
I've managed to find a very similar tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers, although we used inks in spray bottles rather than drops from a reinker, but at least it will give you the idea.
Maybe one day I will get around to sorting out a tutorial of my own, although I don't claim to have invented the technique itself.
I will try post some more cards tomorrow if I can get some pictures taken before it rains again :)
Love and hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. I hope you missed me at Lavender Lane! You'll have to show me how to do make these lovely cards. I am in Boston, USA but I can still check up on you. I turn my back for 16 days and you're busy making Christmas cards. I'll never catch up now. LOL. See you soon - God willing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx