Followers

Thursday 27 May 2010

It's Raining, it's pouring........

Hi Everyone,
With all the rain that we have had today I thought some nice spring flowers were in order.
It also gives me the chance to share some more cards that I have made with the Hobby Art floral clear stamp sets. You see I did tell you that I get a little carried away when I prep a class. Of course it always helps when you are using stamps that you really like.


I have created a border at the bottom of this card using the small solid daisy from the set stamped in versamark with the open daisy stamped in black over the top. The main floral panel has been created using chalk ink pads.



The background to the circular panel on this card has been created using scrunched cling film, and Memory Mist spray inks. Perhaps I will have to sort out a tutorial showing how to do this - when I can find the time. Anyone got a few extra hours they can add to my days for me lol.



Another floral panel this time created by stamping with the Memory Mists. I can feel another tutorial!! As you can see I have definitely got into my border punches, they crop up everywhere. They are such a great way to finish off a card, I don't know how we lived without them for so long.
Hope these have brightened up your day. There was a lovely red sky tonight so perhaps we will have a better day tomorrow. How does the saying go - Red sky at night, shepherds delight!!
I'm waffling on now so it must be time to get to bed.
Thanks for dropping by.
Nite, nite.
Love Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, love the colour combo of these cards. What I love about your posts is that you show a wide variety of cards that illustrate just how one image can be used in different ways.

    Seduced by some of your cards I've ended up buying the floral stamps from Hobby Art 'Jean's Collection'. They are just incredibly gorgeous images.

    Hope to get over to Peterborough for another weekend when you're at Sir Stampalot.

    Hugs, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow absoloute gorgeous cards
    love debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx