Followers

Sunday 24 March 2013

It's a 'Twofer' class!!

Evening Everyone
How are you all?
I have been very 'uncrafty' today, apart, that is, from putting away and tidying up after my hols.
I even managed to sort through some boxes of paper scraps and start a box for the Craft club at the School my Grandchildren attend.
My card tonight is from the last class that I taught whilst I was at SirStampalot
We jokingly referred to it as a 'Twofer Class', because you got two card ideas for the price of one!
The class was actually to teach the Punched Window Card technique (as learnt from Technique Time  Tuesday).
I coloured the panel with Distress Markers, cut the window with a nestie, and added some Faux Stitching.
I used a Dainty Dots M-Bossabilities folder to emboss the panel, but I managed to put the panel in the folder the wrong way round. I actually quite like this de-bossed effect.
As I don't like to waste anything, I turned the punched centre from my first card into a 'Spotlight' card. Hence the 'Twofer' of the title!!
I added a Woodware sentiment, some ribbon and extra coloured flowers as well as some stitching and gems.
Amazingly enough this was coloured before I saw the wonderful background paper that I have also used. It could have been made to match, but was just one of those very happy accidents.
I hope that the guys are coping in the tea making department without me.
We always joke that the toilet paper usage halves once I leave when they only managing to make 3 cups of tea in a day instead of the one per hour that I plied them with lol.
I will get a lie in again tomorrow as I still have a couple of days holiday left before I return to work. I do need them after my intensive week of late nights and early starts.
I have a couple of commissions to work on so I am hoping that I might find some inspiration from somewhere tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope that you have had a wonderful weekend.
Hugs Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Great ideas Kim love the cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, the class was very enjoyable, learnt alot. It was the first time i'd used the distress markers, the're pretty good. Could you tell me what this stamp is that we used. Thanks again, not that i want to wish the time away, but looking forward to November!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy, so glad that you enjoyed the class.
    If it is the stamp from this post then it is Outlines Flowerful 1.
    If it is anything else can you give me a bit more detail and I will get back to you.
    I'm looking forward to November too!!
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx