Followers

Wednesday 4 April 2012

The Brayering Blues

Evening Everyone,
I have been trying very hard to make sure that I finish off the bits and pieces that have been started in a class.
So far so good, so here is a card that uses up a stamped and brayered panel from my last class at Davina's on Saturday.
The stamp is by Stampendous, and the background has been created using several colours of Adirondack ink and a brayer. A small circular mask placed on the glossy card stock before the brayering is started gives the illusion of a sun or moon in the sky.
I have seen Barbara do this on the TV so many times that I thought that I might give it a go.
I also masked around the floral image before I brayered and then added a border with a fine black pen.
The background to the main card is once again made using the brayer and Adirondack dye based inks in 'Barbara style', only this time I have spritzed it with water and then covered it with cling film to give a wonderful frosted finish.
I have added a punched border, some ribbon, peel-off lines and a little bit of bling to the finished card.
I really am going through a blue phase aren't I.
I have noticed that most of my cards seem to be in the same colours just recently.
Still no Christmas cards yet this month, I shall have to get some made if I'm not going to fall behind again. Maybe at the weekend who knows.
Night night.
Hugs Kimx

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card as always,hope it has not been too hectic at the pumps...

    Happy Easter
    Love Cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Beautiful! Fabulous colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous Kim, really beautiful.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work Kim, I don't use the brayer but always admire people who do. Love the colours and design.
    Enjoy the rest of the week.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just absolutely beautiful Kim!
    Take care
    Hugs
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely card Kim, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! I wish I could brayer, but despite what Barb Grey says not all of us have the knack! The lovely delicate image is fabulous on the brayered background.

    Happy Easter!

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx