Followers

Sunday 26 June 2011

Tea or Coffee anyone?

Afternoon All
I hope that you are all enjoying the beautiful weather that we are having today.
Why is it though that it always has to be so extreme? One minute we have torrential rainfall and the next it's so hot that I don't know what to do with myself. I'm afraid that the heat and I don't mix so having just hung up the washing that's me done for for a while so I thought that I would sit with a cold drink and blog.
I had another lovely day of classes at Lavender Lane yesterday. Some of my 'Groupies' were there, including Gill back from her hols. Unfortunately she could only make the afternoon class so she missed out on this one which would have been just up her street, Sepia cards but we used tea and coffee to make the background paper and paint the images with!!!!!!
Unfortunately the store will be closing its doors full time at the end of July, although they will still be open on a Saturday through out August. Because of this I knew that their range of sepia inks would be a little limited so I decided to think outside the box.
Like almost everyone at one time or another I have aged paper with a soggy teabag, school projects with my girls and Grandchildren spring to mind. But I have also made aged paper using a tray of instant coffee and then a few granules sprinkled onto the paper once it is out of the tray and waiting to dry. (See my blog post for the 10th June Coffee Anyone ?)
What I have never tried before though was actually painting with the coffee. As you can see I think that it works really rather well. The Hobby Art Poppy Spray has been stamped and embossed using Sepia Versafine ink and then coloured in using a strong mix of instant coffee.
All of the papers have been made either using a wet teabag or the instant coffee mix, I even tried putting screwed up cling film on the very back piece to give that lovely frosted effect.
I added some stamping to the papers using the Hero Arts Leaf Flourish. I know that this is one of Brenda's favourites and I love it too, we have very similar taste in stamps me thinks lol.
I am entering this into the challenge over at Sketch Saturday since I have used their lovely sketch when making the card.
I think I have rested enough now, so I will make a spot of lunch and then get back to the card making, I am so behind with everything.
Have a great day, Happy Crafting
Love and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx