Followers

Monday 3 June 2019

A Masculine card for CCM

Hi All,
It's Monday again, and time for a new challenge over at CCM where Marg is looking for anything Masculine.
Now I don't know about you, but I find that cards for men are always so much more difficult to make.
 A safe bet is always leaves, so this fabulous Imagination stamp fitted the bill perfectly.
An all time favourite technique of mine is painting with bleach.
Not all card stock will change colour when you bleach it, so you need to test it,
but you can get some amazing colours as you can see with this selection of cards that I am sharing with you.
Not only can you paint with bleach, but you can also stamp with it
as you can see in the background of several of the cards.
Painting with bleach and then heating it with a heat gun will also add more intense colour changes.
I keep an old waterbrush especially for the painting as I love the brush nib on it. I used to keep bleach in the brush itself,
until I realised that it had eaten away at the valve which made the bleach flood out.
I always stamp and emboss my image before I paint with the bleach as this acts as a resist and keeps the bleach contained within the image.
In order to use bleach to stamp with, the easiest thing is to create an ink pad using a piece of cut and dry felt,
or several pieces of kitchen paper folded together and then soaked in bleach.
I hope that you will find the time to join us at CCM with your masculine creations.
Have a great week.
Crafty hugs
Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Great collection of cards Kim, love them all. Glad it's not just me that finds masculine cards difficult. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful technique, you have created some really beautiful cards with it. You are a very talented lady!!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the masculine card Kim .. absolutely gorgeous design! Love what you did with the bleach, it creates such a stunning effect! All of your cards are so beautiful! Have a fabulous day! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx