Followers

Tuesday 8 January 2019

For the Men in Your Life

Hi All
I have had need of a few cards for men just recently and I don't know about you, but I never seem to have enough of them.
Whilst I have literally hundreds of floral and 'pretty' cards to suit my female acquaintances, I have very few that I would consider appropriate for a man. I know that they are often gardeners and like flowers but pink and flowery just doesn't seem right to send somehow.
I found various pieces of artwork created during a class involving 'Bleedin Art Tissue', so I decided to finish them all off.
As its name suggests the colours bleed when the tissue is wet so I scrunched some sheets together in a bag which led to the most amazing pieces of background paper.
 When the sheets are dry screw them up tight and then flatten one out on to a sheet of DSST.
It doesn't look like there is very much texture left, until you apply gilding wax.
Before adding the wax I stamped and embossed onto the prepared sheet of tissue paper and then painted the images with undiluted thin bleach.
Once the gilding wax is added it picks up the texture of the tissue and also the embossing.
The last card has also used torn pieces of tissue paper to create the background on which the tree is stamped.
Place the torn pieces of tissue paper randomly onto watercolour or mixed media card stock, and then spritz with plenty of water. The colour bleeds into the card to create amazing backgrounds which can then be stamped onto once dry.
I used some more of the scrumpled tissue paper background to mount the trimmed tree panel on to.
Leaves and trees create a much more masculine feel to a card I think you will agree.
I'm off to try and cross a few more things off my 'To Do' list before its bed time, if I can manage it that is.
Have a great evening, and thanks for stopping by.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx