Followers

Wednesday 16 January 2019

One Man's Trash..........

Afternoon,
I do love making backgrounds, it's always been one of my favourite things to do. The trouble is knowing when to stop playing and turn your creations into cards.
The following cards were made using a piece of handmade Brusho background.
I have to say that it wasn't the best piece from my stash, but that's the trouble with me, I can never throw anything away.
I have started to set aside pieces that I am less keen on which I can then take with me to use in class if needed. 'One man's trash is another man's treasure' as they say :O)
I obviously adopted this approach after I made these cards, but having stamped, embossed, matted and layered the panels, I am more than happy with the finished results.
I randomly stamped and embossed in black and then added further images using gold ink.
A tiny white border finishes the panel off perfectly, and 'lifts' it from the main card.
Finishing touches include sentiments, faux stitching, black pearls and glitter glue.
If all goes according to plan this will go live on Wednesday afternoon. If not it's back to the drawing board and forget about scheduling posts lol.
Hope you are having a fabulous day.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx



2 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous and, having just been looking through the piles of things I've saved, inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not surprised you're happy with these cards, they are perfect. For me your work has always been a great source of inspiration but I think you know that. I love all the techniques you use but for me your use of colour is what is so clever and works so well to make your projects really stand out. Thank you for being so inpirational, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx