Followers

Monday 24 September 2018

Ally Pally Playtime Part 1

Good Evening Everyone
We paid our biannual trip to Ally Pally a couple of weeks ago. It is a lovely show, my favourite, and reasonably local to us, although it does seem to be getting smaller and smaller.
I remember demoing there for many years with heaving crowds around you all the time.
Now as a customer I much prefer the fact that you can get to everything you want without pushing through the hoards, but it must be quite worrying for all the companies that attend, given how jolly expensive it is to have a stand.
With the show in mind, and given that the classes on a Saturday are generally driven by what the Girls want to play with, I decided this last Saturday that we would have a session where we all bring along something that we had bought at Ally Pally the previous week.
Now I am a very lucky Girl and get to make samples for Jane Gill. Her stamps are designed for Woodware, which is now part of Creative Expressions and several of my samples were on display at Ally Pally.
Although I am lucky enough to get to play with Jane's designs before anyone else, the show was the perfect opportunity for me to buy some of the other wonderful Woodware stamps which I don't have access to which are designed by Francoise Read.
So this is part of my contribution to playtime on Saturday, just a few of my purchases.
I simply adore this fabulous 'Birthday' die from Sheena, I can see it featuring quite a bit on future projects, and I have already started a list of things that I NEED to purchase next time lol.
'Happy' is from one of Francoise stamps sets that I bought at the show. It works perfectly with this fantastic die by Sheena.
One of the Girls brought along some Embossing powders to play with, so this card incorporates several of my purchases, along with her fabulous embossing powders from Be Creative.
The background paper is from Clarity, one of several amazing paper pads that I now own.
This card uses the same fabulous die from Sheena, this time layered over a piece of embossed card stock. No not another purchase, this time I used an embossing folder from my not inconsiderable stash :O)
I can definitely see me using this die a lot more, although isn't that always the way with new toys. You play them to death, until something else new takes over in your affections lol.
We had a fabulous time on Saturday playing with every ones purchases. So much so that I will have to come back with a part two tomorrow - Internet willing of course lol.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx