Followers

Thursday 18 August 2016

Weekend Workshop with Hobby Art Jenny Part 1

Afternoon Everyone,
I hope that you have had another great summer day.
I prepared this post nearly a fortnight ago, but you know me and technology we are not the best of friends. I lost all of the links to the Hobby Art website and it has taken ages to get them sorted out, so my apologies for not posting this before now.
I was lucky enough to be invited by Hobby Art Jenny to teach at the workshop at the beginning of the month. Good food, wonderful products to play with, and 32 enthusiastic ladies, what a great way to spend the day.
I taught two workshops in the morning to half of the group and then after a rather tasty lunch they swapped tables to work with Jenny while I taught the same two classes to the rest of the group.
It turned into a gloriously hot day and so of course I had typically chosen Autumn and Christmas themed cards lol.
The first workshop was about masking using the fabulous Falling Leaves stamp set and the Mask-it sheet from Woodware.
I just love leaves, I'm definitely an Autumn girlie.
I was very good and finished off all of the bits and pieces when I got home so there are several more samples to share with you than I had prepared for the ladies.
Of course there was shopping to be done throughout the day so a fabulous leafy die set fell into my basket.
I think that it had only just arrived, Becki was frantically pricing things, so I don't think that it has made it on to the website yet.
The second part of the masking class used a strip of masking tape across the middle of the card instead of fussy cut leaves.
This card used a double strip of tape and then some fussy cut and coloured leaves to embellish the edges.
I had such fun with this stamp set, and as you can see I have added several cards suitable for men to my card stash.
I think I will share the second class in a separate post so as not to overwhelm you with pictures.
Have a great evening.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cards Kim. Maybe you have timed it right for these cards as I heard for the first time today on the news that the weather may be turning more Autumnal! Guess we should have expected the lovely weather wouldn't last. Thanks for the visit to mine and have a great weekend, Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx