Followers

Wednesday 31 August 2016

Happy Birthday Ammi, we miss you.

Evening Everyone,
Today my son Adam would have been 35, so it is a day that has been hard for me.
It is full of happy memories of course, but tinged with the sadness of not being able to celebrate with him in person.
I spent quite a time this afternoon sifting through old photos trying to find a couple to share with you tonight.
These were taken at the party that we threw him for his 18th birthday.
OMG the memories. How young his sisters looked, so many other little people now in their 20's and 30's, and who knew that I was ever that young and skinny lol. I'll spare you the reminded of that or there might be a mutiny.
I also looked through my stash of cards trying to decide what to share with you to mark his special day and I came across these.
I would like to think that in an ideal world this is how he is spending the day, relaxing in the sunshine.
Of course perhaps he has taken up golf. I still have his Great Granddad's golf clubs in the loft looking a lot like these.
I've taken flowers to the church yard, and lit a candle, so now I will raise a glass (of grapefruit squash, I know how to party lol) in his memory before I get an early night.
Happy Birthday Ammi, always with us.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Aww Kim sending big hugs to you hun, beautiful photostat your son.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending positive thoughts and big hugs your way, birthdays and anniversaries are always tough :(

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx