Followers

Monday 15 February 2016

Happy Birthday Jenni

Evening Everyone,
Today is my eldest baby's birthday. Well they are always your babies no matter how old they are, just ask my Mum lol.
I can still remember being driven to Greenwich Hospital in the back of a car in the middle of a snow storm 37 years ago.
It was so bad that after she was born her Dad couldn't get home so the nurses pushed a couple of chairs together in a side room so that he could get some sleep. I can't imagine that happening today can you, it would be against some 'elf and safety' rule?
I made this card for her using papers from my stash and my favourite patchwork background.
I love this technique and it is a great way to use up loads of different paper scraps, or as in this case some co-ordinating sheets from a paper pad.
I have used a double sided sticky sheet to stick them to and then die cut them using one of my large Go Create dies.
The sentiment is by Lili of the Valley,
and then I have used a variety of Magnolia
and Sue Wilson dies to create the flowers and foliage.
I have also added some pale gold swirls heat embossed on to acetate and then cut out.
I haven't had the chance to give the card to Jenni yet as she has been whisked off to a surprise dinner by the rest of the family so I will have to do that on her return.
Have a good evening, and lets hope that we don't get a repeat of the weather from all those years ago.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx