Followers

Saturday 3 January 2015

Any one for Tea or Coffee?

Evening All,
After all of the indulgences over the Christmas and New Year period I thought that everyone would be in need of some tea and coffee, and so that is the theme of the class that I taught at Davina's this afternoon.
This was just one of several cards that I had fun creating to inspire the Girls.
The background paper which was spritzed with a solution of instant coffee has been stamped and embossed in black using a stamp from Imagination Crafts.
I also stamped around the edges using second generation ink and a floral stamp from Woodware. I added a few stencilled dots with more dye based ink.
The flower started life as a piece of cream card die cut using Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die.
I over stamped the petals using the same floral stamp and dye based ink before spritzing it with more of the coffee solution.
Screwing up the petals after spritzing with coffee and then leaving them to dry gives the flower a beautiful shabby appearance.
The leaves are die cut and are also spritzed with coffee.
The classroom had the aroma of a coffee shop about it this afternoon, and as no class is complete without a biscuit at the very least I provided some M&S Christmas Pudding cookies - very nice.
As usual I have a large pile of bits that need finishing off, so I can see how my weekend will be spent. It's a hard life isn't it lol.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx