Followers

Saturday 24 January 2015

Anyone for Tea and Coffee?

Evening Everyone,
Isn't it funny how crafting techniques are just like fashion, they keep coming back.
I have just watched Sue from Imagination Craft using coffee to age an image on her show this afternoon on Create and Craft.
Tea and Coffee was actually a class that I taught at Davina's a few weeks ago and as I got rather carried away with the left overs I have several more cards to share with you.
The background paper has been made by soaking card with diluted instant coffee and then sprinkling some more coffee granules into the wet card while it is drying. 
I stamped and embossed images from Plant a Meadow Petals and Dots one of the new Woodware stamp sets.
I edged the panel with Gold Gilding Wax, which is also from Woodware.
I stamped more of the images over the background as well as some Artemio script using Distress ink.
The main panel on this card has been made in a similar manner to the one above. I think that there is also some spritzed tea on them as well.
I also added some hedgerow plants from an old Artemio set stamped using Distress inks.
 I added Glitter Glue to some of the tiny dots.
The sentiment is from the same stamp set.
I do love this technique so I am sure that it pop up now and again here on the blog.
Happy Stamping and hugs
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Your card is amazing. So beautifully matched colors, gradient colors, shadows ... The fairy tale world that invites you created, and it seems so mysterious. Beautiful composition of cards
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this beautiful card Kim and how you have used the tea/coffee technique for the staining it looks fantastic.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx