Followers

Monday 1 October 2012

CCM challenge 76 - Indian Summer

Evening Everyone
Today sees the start of a new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers.
Our host this time is Mynnette who has provided us with a colour button for inspiration.
She would like to see a created scene using any nature themed stamps. Digis are also welcome. Examples of nature themed stamps are leaves, grasses, wildflowers, etc.  Anything nature and Indian (late) Summer or Autumn! Plus use only oranges, yellows, and reds for colors although some black/brown and white/cream are allowed as well. 
We are sponsored this time by DI'S DIGI DOWNLOADS.
I'm pleased to say that my couple of days off have meant that I have finally managed to get caught up a little and make a card for this challenge.
Now I do like Nature themed stamps, as you may have noticed, so the difficulty that I had was narrowing down my choice of stamps.
I finally settled on this lovely set from Stampendous SSC1080 Scripty Stems.
The main panel has been made by sponging Brilliance ink pads Pearlescent Yellow, Orange, Poppy and Rocket Red Gold onto white card stock. I then inked up the floral stamp using only Pearlescent Poppy and Rocket Red Gold and stamped this several times onto the panel.
Once this was dry I stamped and embossed the same image using Versamark ink and Frantage Aged Scarlet Embossing Enamel.
Having trimmed the panel to size I embossed the left hand side of it using an Embossing folder and my cuttlebug.
I tied some ribbon around the base of the panel.
The orange coloured background paper is from my stash and has also been stamped and embossed with the Frantage Embossing Enamel.
I also added some gold embossed vellum from my stash and some Card Candi and brads.
The sentiment is from a Hobby Art clear Sentiments set.
I had great fun with this challenge, I hope that you will too. Why not pop across HERE and check out what the rest of the team have come up with.
I look forward to seeing all of your lovely creations.
Happy Crafting.
hugs Kimx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kim...what a stunning creation. Such wonderful colours and beautiful stamping.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning card Kim - love all the embossing layers
    Hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I adore the use of heat and dry embossing! I KNEW you'd rock this--you were part of the inspiration for my challenge! This is just gorgeous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive card, love the details and the embossing.
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx