Followers

Sunday 19 August 2012

Embossed Resist with a twist.

Evening Everyone,
Wow isn't it hot!!
I know that we shouldn't complain but you know us Brits never satisfied are we lol.
I have to say that I really struggle in this weather so I was hoping that all the thunder that was rumbling around earlier would lead to a seriously heavy downpour, but it was not to be. Maybe it will happen during the night.
Anyway, we had another lovely class at Davina's yesterday, although it was a little like a sauna bath since the class is held in her Conservatory.
Lovely and bright but very hot.
Gill even arrived with her legs on display so it really must have been warm :O)
I was teaching them a lovely Embossed Resist technique that I first saw done at the Port Sunlight show a couple of years ago. Once again I have used a wonderful stamp from Woodware along with a Hero Arts Newsprint Background stamp.
The technique involves stamping the background stamp onto white card using a dye based ink pad.
Make sure that this image is dry before stamping and embossing a solid image (Woodware JGS273 Wheat) over the top using versamark and clear embossing powder.
The next step is to apply plenty of dye based ink and the embossed image 'POPS' through.
I have trimmed the panel and added thin ribbon and Card Candi.
The background panel had been created by sponging more dye based ink onto white paper or card and then stamping using the same Wheat stamp only this time spritzed with plain water.
The greeting is also by Woodware.
I love this technique, in fact I managed to finish off several cards this weekend so you will probably be sick of seeing them over the next few days lol.
Oh boy, another late night, where on earth does the time go?
I had plans to catch up on my e-mails and all sorts which isn't going to happen now.
Never mind tomorrow is another day as they say!!
Night night
hugs Kimx

3 comments:

  1. As far as I am concerned, you can show them all! Gorgeous card... TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card. I really must give this a try, its so effective and makes the card pop. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx