Followers

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Guest spot on CCAYR

Hi All
Today I am lucky enough to be the August Guest Designer over at Christmas Cards All Year Round.
The challenge this month is Christmas Kids - make a card suitable to give a child for Christmas.
Now I did get a little bit carried away here and actually made 5 cards.
This first one uses a Lili of the Valley Die cut. The greeting is a Woodware stamp.
The background papers are from my stash and I stamped and embossed some snowflakes using silver embossing powder.
Card number 2 also uses a Lili of the Valley die cut, they really are so useful.
The holly square has been made using a Martha Stewart Punch around the Page.
This little cutie was an image that I found in my Christmas bits box.
I coloured the mitten and then added a couple of layers of embossing powder using a Versamark pen, a very useful tool to have in your workbox.
The holly background paper has been made using a stamp from an Imagination stamp set coloured with Pearlex and then I added a few punched snowflakes.
Another Lili of the Valley die cut, I hope that you don't think they are too similar!!
I cut this one out using one of my Nestabilities and and mounted it onto background paper from my stash which I first stamped and gold embossed using a Magnolia Holly Swirl.
This last card uses a lovely Magnolia image that I coloured ages ago.
This one is quite out of character for me with the spotty panel and snowflakes spilling over the edges of the card.
I hope that you will feel suitable inspired to join in with this great challenge.
I had so much fun adding to my pile of Christmas cards.
With my daughter being a Childminder there are always loads of small people who need a cute card at Christmas, so this has definitely got me off to a good start.
Why not stop by and see what the Design Team have come up with.
Happy Stamping.
hugs Kimx  

3 comments:

  1. Great cards Kim - the Lili of the Valley images are so cute.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely selection of Christmas cards Kim. I especially love the first one as it is so striking in blue and I love snowflakes!!
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all beautiful cards Kim. Great to see you join us as GDT over at CCAYR.. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx