Followers

Saturday 18 August 2012

Guest Spot a Our Creative Corner - Office Supplies

Hi All
It has been a very busy week for me.
As you know I just love the challenges over at Our Creative Corner, so you can imagine how thrilled I was to be asked to be their Guest Designer this week.
Their challenges always make you dig deep into your creative recesses and this one was certainly no different.
The challenge this time round is to use Office Supplies (see picture inspiration) -  Staples, Post-it Notes, String, Sticky Tape! Use your imagination and come up with a fabulous creation with those common items. But here's the twist, I want to see the colour RED. Lots and lots of RED!
Well I wanted to get this right so after several e-mails back and forth to the team I made my card.
I made it for my Mum's birthday which was on Wednesday, she's quite used to getting them late lol.
I took pictures and started to write my post and then while I was at work I realised that I had forgotten one very important and major ingredient NO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So having checked with the team that the card itself was OK it was back to the drawing board for a remake.
So here is Take 2, with LOTS of Red.
The picture makes it look rather brown but I promise it is definitely red.
In fact these are the ink pads that I used along with the lovely Hero Arts Leaf Flourish stamp.
I used two strips of  Masking Tape on the main panel for the card and then sponged and stamped using a combination of inks and the Leaf Flourish and an Inkadinkadoo clear stamp set.
The main focus of the card is created using a couple of Manila Tags.
The strips across the bottom of this one are made from sponged and stamped Masking Tape and Staples.
I stuck the Tape strips to a scrap of paper to colour and stamp on them and then I covered them with clear embossing powder to seal before adding them to the bottom of the tag.
The second Tag was screwed up and then coloured with Perfect Pearls.
I can't remember where I saw this technique so I can't post a link to it.
If anyone knows please tell me so I can let everyone else know as it was a brilliant technique.
(Edited to add link to The Artful Maven Faux Leather Video Tutorial - Thanks Buttons xx)
The flowers were punched from strips of card which have been sponged and stamped onto. The paler flowers are made from strips of coloured Masking Tape.
I added Brads to the corners of the card and the flower centres, and there is also some Bakers Twine in there as well.
I hope that you will feel suitable inspired to enter this wonderful challenge.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with, and don't forget to pop over and check out what the TEAM have done. I can't wait to check it out myself.
Oh and Mum your card will be with you very soon, I hope you think it was worth the wait.
It very nearly did have a hint of red on it as I cut myself while making the flowers and leaves lol.
I have a metal plate that I place in my Cuttlebug to help cut intricate shapes like the leaves. As I was putting things away the plate slipped and I grabbed it right on the edge - OUCH.
I had to go calmly into the kitchen and get a rather large plaster without my Granddaughter Saskia seeing me as she is absolutely freaked out by blood. No chance of  her being a nurse anytime soon :O)
Off to get ready for my class at Davina's this morning. I always look forward to my classes there as we have a good laugh........ and throw in a bit of work as well.
Happy Crafting and have a great day.
hugs Kimx

6 comments:

  1. Oh how gorgeous!!! I loooved the blue card, but LOL...the red remake is sensational!! I had the best time reading all the office supplies and techniques you incorporated onto your Mom's birthday card. She will love it. :)
    Your GDT card is fabulous!!
    hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kim
    I am so impressed with your cards, I actually love the first colour palette you produced, you were a wonderful guest at OCC, so I than you for that, and your tutorial is just great.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Kim. As ever you have put so much detail into this - can't believe you had time to make two! That would have taken us mere mortals days!! No wonder you are chuffed to be a GDT member this week - the OCC crew are amazing. BTW, Anita Houston did a tutorial for the Perfect Pearls technqiue recently so could be worth a link back to her blog (The Arftul Maven). Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A remake? Oh no! But you rocked it...both of them!!! I love the monochromatic scheme! Fabulous!!!! Gorgeous design...so many layers! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Both cards are amazing! I love the techniques you've used and every single detail. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx