Followers

Wednesday 23 March 2011

The power of a card sample

Evening Everyone,
Normal service has now been resumed and I'm back to posting late in the evening lol.
It's been quite the hive of industry here over the last couple of days with the arrival of the new Magnolia magazines, we've been folding leaflets and stuffing envelopes for England :)
I've managed to get all of Jenny's samples made in between customers and tea making duties, so now it's on to Barbara's ones.
I have had a little digression in the middle of all this as I needed to make a couple of new samples for my class this evening. We have managed to sell out of the Hobby Art stamps that I had used originally before the class had even started, so I thought that I had better find something else to play with - Oh the power of a card sample!!
The class was on the Faux Mother of Pearl technique which I was supposed to have been demoing in December until the weather intervened. I have used Art Impressions Dahlia P3343. The background has been created using Pearl Acrylic paint and Distress Ink pads Forest Moss and Fired Brick.
The Dahlia has been stamped and embossed onto the background and then painted with bleach which has made it appear quite pink. The image has been cut out using a Nestie and has been finished with a Martha Stewart punch, stitched lines and some pearls.
I also made a small picture frame using a lovely Magenta stamp Butterflies and Swirls Dotted Frame. This is an old favourite of mine which I used for the project in the current issue of Craft Stamper (April 2011)
I really must go now and drag Janice and Andy away from their computers if we are ever to get home tonight. I will check back again tomorrow.
Nite Nite.
Love Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx