Followers

Saturday 12 March 2011

A box full of Wonder

Evening Everyone
I've had a lovely day today at Lavender Lane teaching a very select group of ladies.
It was an all day class making a Stationery Box full of cards. Two of the ladies had already previously attended the class when we put it on last year, but wanted to do it again as they didn't want to give the first box away until they had made a second one lol.
This is what the wallet looks like when it is open. There is space for cards and envelopes, post-it notes, a pen, postage stamps, and gift tags or bookmarks.
This is the holder for the gift tags or bookmarks just above the postage stamp holder in the picture.
I have taught this class several times before and always try to make a new one using papers available in store at the time. Here I found some fabulous matching papers which I used with one of my nesties to embellish the panels. Of course a fine hand drawn border helps to add a finishing touch to each panel.
Any good box needs a lid and this one has both handmade and shop bought flowers on it.
We stopped for lunch once the box and basic lid had been made with the intention of making the cards to fill it in the afternoon. Because the ladies are all competent card makers I gave them the option to make a second box in the afternoon or to fill the first one with cards. They chose the former.
We were joined after lunch by Gill to make the cards to fill the box she made when the class was run previously. She hates making boxes and flowers so we were all tempted to say that we had changed the order of production and were making the box in the afternoon but we couldn't keep a straight face, besides she did bring us biscuits so we couldn't be mean to her could we?
Off to bed now, don't forget to watch Barbara tomorrow on Create and Craft channel 671 at 9am. I might just have to watch it in bed with a cup of coffee and a slice of toast. Well it will be Sunday and I do deserve one lie in lol.
Nite, nite.
Love and hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim
    WOW! This box is just totally stunning! Absolutely beautiful and I can quite understand where your ladies were coming from, not wanting to give their first one away! I would be the same! I would love to be able to make this, it is fabulous.
    I have taped Barbara's show this morning so I'm going to enjoy watching it later on.
    Look forward to seeing some of your fantastic samples on here!
    Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Hugs
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx