Followers

Thursday 24 March 2011

Pearlescent Poppies

Evening All
Another productive day here in holiday land.
I haven't started on Clarity cards yet but I have managed to get on top of the cards for the next two issues of Craft Stamper. In fact they are actually for the July and August editions, magazines work so far in advance that it will soon be Christmas lol.
It is so much easier to work on these when I am here in the shop as I can wander round and pick items in the right colours. The colour scheme is always very specific and often not what I would think to choose which is great. I do like a challenge as you know. Of course I can't share the end result until it has appeared in the magazine, so for now you will have to content yourself with another of the cards that I made for last nights class.
The background has once again been made using pearl acrylic paint and distress ink pads. This time I have stamped and embossed Hero Arts CL449 Delicate Blossoms onto it.
I have coloured the Poppies using distress reinkers for a more intense colour. Once again the stamp has now sold out, but Janice is re-ordering it as we speak so she should have it back in stock again soon.
The punch is a Martha Stewart and the green background paper is another of the lovely designs from the Scribble Scrabble Bric-a-Brac collection. The gems are actually peel-off dots with a drop of glossy accents added to each one. It makes them look like expensive gemstones I think you will agree.
I'm off to make the dinner now, another of my jobs when I'm here. Well I do have to earn my keep some how.
Have a great evening.
Love and hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim
    Love the last few samples posted but this one is so absolutely gorgeous! Love the poppy image, may have to buy one of these! Think your pearl acrylic paint background is so pretty and effective. Is it possible please, to post a detailed tutorial on how to create these backgrounds? I'd love to try and have a go at them!
    Take care
    Hugs
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx