Followers

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Waste not want not

Evening Everyone
Isn't it hot and muggy, we could really do with a lovely storm to clear the air.
Anyway enough of the weather, back to the card making.
You know what we crafters are like, we never waste anything. Well that is never more true than when it comes to peel-offs. I use an awful lot of the little waste dots and squares on my cards. In fact I have been known to buy a peel-off for the waste alone - Sorry Shaz, but sometimes it just has to be done lol.
Anyway there are some really nice ones out there now and it seems such a shame to waste the left overs.
Several years ago a lovely lady called Marion Wright, who is sadly no longer with us, showed me how to remove the waste from the carrier sheet using magic tape, and suddenly I looked at peel-offs in a whole different light.
They still aren't my favourite crafting medium, but as I said there are some really nice ones around now so they shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.
Last Saturday I taught a class on Peel-off waste at Lavender Lane.
The manufacturers have now got wise and have actually produced a sheet that helps remove the waste - so much easier than magic tape.
Another crafty lady showed me how to use the peel-offs with acetate to give a 3D effect and hey presto a fairly instant card. Of course you can tart your card up as much or as little as you like.
Quite different from the last few cards I've posted, but I hope you like them anyway.
Must close now.
Love and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx