Followers

Friday 7 May 2010

Butterfly Bonanza

Morning Everyone, thanks for dropping in.
I'm waiting for my lift to Port Sunny so I thought that I would leave a quick post to make up for the fact that I will be absent for a couple of days.
These cards were chosen by a friend of mine to give to his daughters who both have birthdays in May.
He chose the butterflies from a pile of cards cause he said that way 'they couldn't complain about who had the better card' lol.

The butterfly in this card had been stamped onto acetate and then the reverse of the image has been covered with gold leaf. I ran the acetate through the Xyron machine to give the leaf something to stick to. I have painted parts of the main collage images with bleach. This has to be one of my favourite mediums to play with.

This second card uses a spotlit panel to highlight the butterfly. The background paper that the butterfly has been stamped onto has been created using a variety of shadow stamps (Hero Arts)and kaleidacolor ink. I've used the second stamping of the shadowed image so that the paper was quite pale.
The Spotlight over the butterfly is made from a piece of card punched to resemble a domino.
I'm sorry I can't remember what the main stamps are off the top of my head I will have to find out if anyone is interested.
Both cards are actually quite simple but effective none the less.
I hope you like them.
I'd better put my face on now and pack my bits so I'm ready to go. I do hate this hanging around, I never feel like I can actually get anything started because you know that as soon as you do your lift will arrive. Still I might be able to tidy up a bit at least, that would be a novelty he he.
Have a great few days, don't forget to say hi if you are at the show. Will share again when I get back. I'm bound to have some new goodies even though I shouldn't really. Who can go to a show without buying something??? Not me thats for sure.
Love Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx