Followers

Monday 16 March 2015

Gelli Play

Hi All
Are you well?
I can't believe that another day of my holiday is nearly at an end.
We are planning an early finish today as Andy needs to catch up on some Walking Dead episodes before the Sky box eats them, so I intend to have a very early night.
I have been playing with the Gelli Plate for the last couple of days in preparation for my class tomorrow evening.
They now do a circular one, so as you can see that just had to find its way into my stash.
This is a card that I have managed to finish from the huge stash of papers that I have managed to make in just a few hours play.
The background was inspired by some YouTube clips posted by the lovely Tracy from Lavinia Stamps. Like me she likes to work with dye based inks rather than acrylic paints. I really haven't mastered the art of working with paint yet. More play is needed I think and a few more views of tutorials from Barbara Gray.
I have used some Woodware clear stamps, Distress and Versafine inks to create the background on the Gelli Plate before the print is 'pulled'.
The Black images and sentiment have been added to the print to give added depth, and a finished feel.
Better get back to my playtime, only an hour to go before we start thinking of going home.
Bye for now.
Hugs Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Hello Kim,
    I have just watched the videos and I am delighted to have learnt a new way to use the gelli plate, using dye inks will be less messy, I am going to give it a try. Thank you for the link. Your card is just delightful.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card. I love the sense of depth you have created and your choice of colours are beautiful. I am going to have to get myself a Gelli plate, and I especially like the round one. Hope you had a good weekend. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx