Followers

Sunday 29 January 2012

What's your favourite technique?

Hi All
Have you had a good weekend. I hope you have had a chance to watch Jenny from Hobby Art on the box this afternoon.
If not don't forget she will be back at 7pm with more ideas and card samples.
This afternoon she spoke about the play date that we had a couple of weeks ago and the Faux Mother of Pearl technique that I taught them all.
I didn't come up with the idea, I found it over at Splitcoast Stampers, but at the moment it has to be one of my favourite techniques.
The background for the card I am sharing with you tonight was made using this technique, a step by step tutorial for which can be found HERE.
Once I had made the background, I stamped and embossed the images on to it before adding colour using Distress inks.

The panel has been mounted onto background paper and then ribbon and glossy accents have been added.
I am entering this into a couple of challenges

Christmas Cards All Year Round - Non Traditional Christmas Colours.
Weekly Christmas Card Challenges - Favourite Technique 

I am finally getting down to the DT work, but I thought I would have a little bit of a break and do a bit of Blogging.
By the way Gill, I got an Honourable Mention over at 52(Christmas) Card Throwdown with this card that I showed you in class. But as they say, You have to be in it to Win it!!
Happy Crafting.
Hugs Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Why am I not surprised? Well done Kim. These cards are simply super. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really great technique. I have enjoyed jenny's shows today. Thanks for joining us @ ccayr. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, as always Kim. If you are asking what's my favourite technique it has to be resist in all its forms :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx