Followers

Monday 2 January 2012

Anything Goes at 52 (Christmas) card Throwdown,

Evening Everyone
I know, I know, I can hear you all scream but Christmas is over.
Well I am so determined that I will stay on top of my Christmas card making this year that I have decided to follow a couple of challenges devoted to Christmas all year round.
52(Christmas) card Throwdown is actually a new blog and their first challenge is Anything Goes. Nice and easy to start you off :)
I made this card with my Grandchildren in mind, but who knows who I will send it to by the time December comes around again lol.
I have been very good when making it and have used up some bits and pieces that I had in my Christmas drawer. Sorry guys it has escalated from a box!!
The little girl is Winter Tilda coloured with distress inks, and I even found a robin that I made using shrink plastic.
The background was a piece that I made during a class on Faux Mother of Pearl with some of the lovely Stampendous embossing powder used on the pine branches.
The flowers and Mistletoe are cut using various dies and I added some ready made flowers and stamen from my stash.
I think it has turned out quite well considering it has been made out of left overs.
Oh well 1 down only another 124 to go if this year is anything to go by. I think I had better use up a few more of those left over bits.
So why don't you head on over 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown and enter a card.
Come on I'm sure you must have some bits and pieces that you could manage to turn in to your first Christmas card of 2012.
I'll try and post again tomorrow - not Christmas I promise.
hugs Kimx

5 comments:

  1. It turned out extremely well for using scraps--that's my New Year's resolution, too. :) So glad to see you this week for our first challenge at 52CCT--I hope to see you again each week as you try to get all 124 cards done for 2012. :) Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful Christmas card - I love the bold use of red too. Thank you so much for joining us in our first challenge at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your use of colour and the lay out is fab! I've finally gone from 3 boxes full of Xmas materials to one and I'm also trying to use up scraps more often this year! Happy New Year to you and yours Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite simply beautiful Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this is simply amazing! I love the drawing, the colors, the designs, everything on this Christmas wishes seem perfect, so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx