Followers

Monday 9 January 2012

New challenge at Crafty Cardmakers - No Floral Embellishments

Afternoon Everyone,
Today sees the start of a brand new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers.
Our host for this Challenge is Fiona who has asked for 'No Floral Embellishments'
You can use flower Backing Paper, flowers in your image or even a flower as an image, but NO floral embellishments, so no flowers, flower shaped buttons, or anything else resembling a flower that you have added to the finished card
Our Sponsors this time are One Stop Card Craftswho are offering a £10 voucher for their store and Digi Doodle Shop who are offering a $10 gift certificate for their store.

For my card I have used an old leaf stamp by Hero Arts. I stamped and embossed the image randomly onto a piece of white copy paper using versamark and white embossing powder.
Then I painted the paper with Starburst Stains available form The Stampman. While the paper is still very wet screw it up, and then gently open it back out again. Don't panic it is very therapeutic.
Vixykins has a tutorial on how to make backgrounds using the Scrunch Technique over on her blog. The only difference would be to stamp and emboss the paper before following her instructions.
Once the paper is dry,(you can heat set it if you are really impatient or even put it in the oven like Vix :), or maybe make a whole pile of papers one evening and then leave them to dry over night) trim a panel slightly smaller than the card that you are wanting it to fit.
I then tore the panel in half and 'stitched' it back together using metallic thread.
I actually found it easier to fix the panels onto the card with DSST and then stitch.


I added a layered panel with a stamped and embossed greeting which I'm afraid was from my stash so I can't remember who it is made by.
Not a flower in sight!!
I hope you have fun playing, that's what our challenge is all about.
Bye for now, Happy Crafting.
hugs
Kimx

6 comments:

  1. Kim, this is totally gorgeous! You are very talented :-)

    Beth. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours on this. And the idea of ripping apart and stitching back together - like that very much!! Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim what a fabulous card and very informative tutorial ! Love the gorgeous colors you have achieved and agree its very therapeutic ! Just love the sentiment too and its oh so true .

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, a fantastic card, love the way you did the papers, the colours are beautiful.
    Yvonne/Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...my...word. This took my breath away! It's GORGEOUS!!! Oh, wow. WOW!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMW Kim this is amazingly beautiful. I just love that stitched area in the middle. The starburst stains make for an amazing background. The whole effect is just stunning.

    Happy New Year

    Lin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx