Followers

Tuesday 24 November 2009

More Stamping with Clarity

These next two cards from Sundays TV show make use of some more handmade backgrounds. This time I have used the fantastic Starburst Stains available from The Stamp Man. They are mica based inks which create the most fabulous backgrounds.
Unfortunately my photographs don't do them justice as you loose all the pearlescents but believe me, they are wonderful. I have used a sheet of cream cardstock and covered it with several colours of the inks. While it is still quite wet I have placed a screwed up piece of clingfilm over the whole sheet.
Now you must be patient. This is dificult for crafters I know, but if you remove the clingfilm before the ink is totally dry you will ruin the effect,and it is so well worth the wait.
This first card uses the Daydreamer under the Tree stamped and embossed in black ink onto some of the handmade background card. Trim around the image and cuttlebug the lefthand side of the panel. Use a border punch along the right hand edge.
Mount onto black glossy, and then olive green card stock.
The main card has a panel of acetate attached to it. This has first been stamped with the bullrushes and a white stazon inkpad. Attach the main panel to the card and add brads to the corners.
As a final touch I have added the greeting which has been stamped onto shrink plastic.

The second card again uses the handmade background paper with the Daydreamer stamped on to it. This time I have cut out a panel using one of the nestabilities and then mounted it onto black glossy card.
These are definately one of my favourite things to play with at the moment.
Attach a piece of ribbon to the left hand side of a cuttlebugged panel and add this to a white card. Attach the main panel to this and embellish with brads and peel-off dots.
Will post the last of the cards tomorrow, but for now I'm just off to Pilates. That sounds posh doesn't it, believe me it's not but its about the only exercise that I get, crafting is just so much more fun.
Happy Stamping
Love Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Kim. I'm quite impatient so I dont do that technique very often but yes it is definately worth the wait, you've showed them off lovely here x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim

    Don't know what's going on, thought it odd not seen any posts from you on my reader lately, then saw your comment, and I'd been 'lost' from your merry band of followers. So sorted that.

    Looking forward to the 5th, just been speaking to Janice and I think everyone is excited about it. Should be real fun.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet again 'Wow'. These cards are simply stunning Kim. I tried the cling film effect and must have taken it off too soon. So now I know. Just lovely. Thanks for sharing. Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx