Followers

Sunday 22 November 2009

Christmas Poinsettia

Had a wonderful afternoon on Friday, popped over to see Jenny at Hobby Art with my friend Anna.
We spent the time drinking coffee and brainstorming the next clear stamp sets so watch this space!!
Its amazing how being with like minded people can get your creative juices flowing. I came home and felt immediately inspired to make some Christmas cards.
I don't know about you but I have a 'box of bits' that seems to expand every year. These are bits left over from prepping a class or half made cards that I never seem to get the chance to finish.
I decided to sort through them, once again, its amazing what you find when you do that!! Why DID I keep that badly stamped image? What ever was I going to do with that little scrap of background paper? So many things that obviously seemed like a good idea at the time.
All these bits get put into a bag and sent with my Granddaughter Megan to Craft Club at her school. The kids seem to love all the bits and pieces that I send there way. One mans rubbish and all that!!

While I was sorting I found these lovely poinsettias so have made them into a card. I hope you like it.
The Poinsettia is of course Hobby Art. I have stamped it on to both red and green background paper, so no colouring in involved.
This is a great way of making a card if you are in a bit of a rush, and of course by putting some of the card through the cuttlebug you know that everything will co-ordinate beautifully.
Once again I have highlighted the cuttlebugged background with metallic rub ons and have added a little bit of sparkle with the clear stardust pen.
Finally I have added a greeting. This always puts a finishing touch to a card and the stamp I have used is one of my favourites Christmas wordstamps as it is just so versatile.There is also a Birthday greeting available and the wonderful thing with both of these stamps is that you can use all or just part of the greeting. Each line will cut away seperately, as I have done on this card, and then a tiny brad at each end of the greeting finishes off the whole thing.
Must get back to my Christmas cards, only another 100 or so to finish!! Thank goodness it's only once a year.
Love Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx