Followers

Monday 23 November 2009

Teatime with Clarity

Well this is the final posting of the cards that I did for Barbara. These last cards make use of the teapot and cup and saucer stamp.
All of the cards are made using blue and white, Delph colours, if not necessarily Delph patterns.

This card once again uses the nestabilities. I have first stamped the teacup and saucer all over a piece of white card and then sponged all over it with the same blue ink. This has then been mounted onto a light blue card. I have then used one of the nestabilities to cut a panel from a piece of background paper, which I have placed in the centre of the card.
I have attached a TEABAG rosette to the centre of this - it just had to be done didn't it!!- and then added two teacups and a teapot.
Finally the greeting was stamped onto white shrink, cut out with the same shape nestabilities and a little blue ink sponged over it, before it is shrunk.
Peel-off dots complete the card.

This second card again uses the teacup stamped and embossed randomly over a piece of blue cardstock. I have then painted the images with bleach, cheap, thin, undiluted bleach.
This is the nearest I get to cleaning, just ask my family.
This technique will not work on all cardstock, but once again it is worth experimenting because the effect is amazing, and just so easy. The greeting has been stamped onto white card stock, lightly sponged with blue ink, and the trimmed panel has been attached to the lefthand side of the card.
If I am honest this panel actually started out as something completely different, but on the basis of not wasting anything it ended up here, and I like it, so I guess thats all that matters.

The final card in this set is very simple, using only the greeting, once again that nestability shape got in there, and the teacups and teapot. These have been attached using silicon, which enables you to add a little shaping to them - see I am getting better with this Janice!!
Peel-off lines and dots add the finishing touches.

I hope you have like the cards, I certainly had fun making them. I am looking forward to my next surprise parcel from Barbara. At least this time I will know where I am going when I deliver them.
Must finish now as I am just about to go to Davina's to teach a class on Quick Christmas cards.
I can feel some more posting coming on.
Love for now Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx