Followers

Monday 21 January 2019

Leafy Thanks

Hello All
Maybe if I can just stay one step ahead of myself I might get a few more of my card mountain blogged. It's not working well so far, but I can only hope that things get better lol.
Today's cards were made using a fabulous old Stampendous leaf stamp set and a Kaleidacolour dye based ink pad.
These lovely multicoloured ink pads lend themselves very nicely to the painting technique that I have used here, as do the patterned leaves.
I created a Masterboard by stamping the leaves randomly on to Mixed Media card stock using the Cappuchino Kaleidacolour ink pad.
A damp paintbrush was used to colour in the leaves using the ink from the stamped image. Because it is a dye based ink the colour will move when water is added, just make sure you keep washing your paint brush so that the painting doesn't become muddy.
I used an Edger die to create this lovely border,
and the waste to create the white panel on the right hand side of this second card.
I sponged more  ink on to the master board and added sentiment panels.
The main panel on this card uses the same patterned leaf stamp along with a smaller similar shaped leaf.
This time I stamped and embossed the images before sponging and painting them with dye based ink.
I used a Tim Holtz die in the corner of the card,
and added a sentiment on a strip of vellum along with some die cut leaves.
Have a great evening. I'm off to visit a few blogs before I get too far behind on my commenting.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, more gorgeous cards! and great techniques. Thank you so much for the birthday card too, love it to bits. Have a great crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! Your cards are gorgeous!! Love both of them! Fabulous colours and such wonderful techniques! The green is my fave I think. Love that cob-webby die cut in the corner and the focal panel is stunning! Have a wonderful day! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx