Followers

Tuesday 20 June 2017

Here Comes Summer challenge at CCM

Afternoon Everyone,
We have a brand new challenge over at CraftyCardmakers, and given the weather at the moment it is a very appropriate theme, Here Comes Summer.
Whenever I think of Summer I always think of flowers and bright colours. Lots of yellows and oranges which goes very well with the scorching hot sunshine that we are having at the moment.
I confess that I am struggling at the moment with the heat. I've had a couple of days holiday with the intention of catching up on some 'crafty' things, and all I've managed to catch up with is some lying down. I'm quite looking forward to going back to 8 hours of air-con at work tomorrow.
The stamped panel on my card was created using a piece of 'Bleedin Art Tissue'. This is a fabulous product to create multicoloured backgrounds. Crumpled up pieces of the coloured tissue are thrown into a plastic bag and spritzed with plenty of water.
The colours bleed into one another to create the most amazing backgrounds. Once dry I attached a piece to some pale orange card stock using sticker sheet.
The colour of card that you layer the tissue paper onto can affect the overall colour of the background. It is also a great way of using up those yukky colours that you will never use, but that are such a waste to throw away.
I painted the squares around the flower and leaves with thin bleach which removed most of the colour, and then I added glossy accents to the rest of the stamped image. The floral stamp used is an old Magenta one, and the sentiment is from Hobby Art.
As usual I tried to use up the whole sheet of the tissue paper background and the scraps of coloured papers.
Here I used a Stampendous Daisy stamp. This time I painted the flower centers with bleach and the petals with Glossy Accents.
More Stampendous Daisies here, and left over scraps from my Bits Box.
I also added some black peel-off corners and squares and faux stitching with a fine black pen.
I think that my computer must have been suffering from the heat as well, since it wouldn't even allow me to access the Internet yesterday, let alone write a blog post.
I hope that you will find the time to join us in our new challenge, and share some love HERE with the rest of the team.
It is thankfully a little cooler here today, there even seems to be a bit of a breeze, so I am hoping that I might get something crafty done this afternoon.
Perhaps it should be commenting while my computer is still playing the game. I have been very naughty of late when it comes to visiting all you lovely people.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kim. You never disappoint me with your gorgeous card designs. I hope you realise that it's your doing that means I have boxes and folders full of left-over bits of paper waiting to be used! I've played with the 'Bleeding Art Tissue' before but not like this so that's another technique I will have to try. And the weather... not good for crafting at all so fully understand how you feel. Have a great crafty week. Big hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These cards are just gorgeous Kim! Love the techniques used, especially the tissue paper .. brilliant! Am pinning this for future reference. Beautiful work!! We're well into winter here and, although it doesn't get as cold here as it does in the UK it is quite chilly so it was a bit hard to get into the Summer Theme .. LOL!! Have a wonderful day! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimx - your card is stunning. Lots of great layers and colour. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kim these are beautiful and fab in the hot summery colours, have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx