Followers

Tuesday 24 May 2016

Tissue Paper backgrounds

Evening Everyone,
I don't know about you, but I love making backgrounds. It has to be one of my favourite things to do.
The trouble is that you always seem to get carried away, or at least I do, and then you end up with a ton of bits just waiting to be used up.
It does of course make it easy when you need a card in a hurry though, it's just a question of deciding which piece to use which can sometimes take longer than making the actual card itself.
 My cards today use up some of those bits. The backgrounds have all been created using pieces of 'Bleedin Art Tissue'
Lay torn or punched pieces of tissue onto white or cream card stock and spritz with water.
It is often better to spritz the card a little before laying the tissue down so that the pieces don't fly away as you  use the mister. Ask me how I know this lol.
Leave the card to dry before removing the tissue to reveal fabulous patterns.
You can also sandwich the wet tissue between two pieces of card while it is drying to give twice the pieces of background for your stash.
Better get some sleep now, I have a really long shift at work tomorrow.
hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, one of my fav. techniques for making my masterboards and you have used it brilliantly. Love the cards, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence- I did a blog post making this type of backgrounds a few days ago: http://elliecreahoekje.blogspot.nl/2016/05/spring-is-in-air.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx